The Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary (PCGA) shall assist the Philippine Coast Guard in the promotion of safety of life and property at sea, in the protection of the marine environment and its resources, the conduct of maritime search and rescue, the maintenance of aids to navigation, and such other activities that enhance maritime community relations which include civic action, participation under the National Service Training Program (NSTP), youth development, recreational safety and other related activities.
A reliable and adequately funded Auxiliary Organization of the PCG efficiently promoting safety of life and property at sea, protecting the marine environment and its resources, conducting maritime search and rescue operations, and developing coastal community participation in MARSAF, MARSAR and MAREP activities through committed and competent volunteers, sufficient equipment, effective training programs and relevant projects.
- To assist in the enforcement of all applicable laws in the high seas and waters of the Philippines
- To assist in the promotion of safety of life and property
- To develop the capabilty of the PCGA following the OTEM principle (organize, train, equip and maintain) to effectively implement the four functional areas (MARSAR, MAREP, MARSAF and MCOMREL)
The PCGA shall continue to exist as a unifromed volunteer organization under the Philippine Coast Guard and shall have the following mandated functions:
- Assist the PCG in search and rescue operations and in responding to ship emergency situations;
- Assist the PCG in promoting the safe operation of vessels and the conservation of the country’s marine resources through information; dissemination and training, and in responding to emergencies at sea that involve containment of marine pollution and the protection of marine resources;
- Assist the PCG in the maintenance and development of aids to navigation and in the promotion of its significance;
- Promote youth development to enhance their concern for sea safety and the protection of marine environment;
- Promote goodwill and fellowship in the PCGA and with related local and international organizations;
- Assist the PCG in carrying out its plans and programs.
PCGA - Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary